National Cat Day - a day to celebrate cats, marvel over them, and spoil them a little extra. If you don't already have a cat, it's a wonderful day to adopt a homeless cats, or just visit a nearby shelter or rescue to spend some time with a kitty.
The American Pet Product Association estimates between 74 and 96 million cats are owned in the USA. Between 30-37% of American households have at least one cat.
Fun ways to celebrate cat day can be:
- Donate food or toys to a nearby rescue organization
- Volunteer at a shelter or rescue - many appreciate someone coming in to play with cats, pet cats, or even read to cats. A well socialized cat will have a better chance of being adopted.
- Take photos of your cat and post them on social media. We would love to see some on our Facebook page!
- Buy your cat a fun toy, a new scratching post, or a new bed
- Brush your cat - it can be a great bonding opportunity, and many cats love the attention
Do you have a cat? Do you celebrate cat day?
~ Maria Sadowski ~