According to Canadian veterinarians, the five top most important things a pet owner can do to increase the length of their pet's life are:
- Weight control and management
- Dental care
- Regular exams and checkups
- Proper/appropriate food for life stage
The top five indicators of good overall pet health a pet owner can see at home are:
- Pet's weight
- Pet wants to play and exercise
- Pet has a healthy skin and coat
- Pet has consistent overall behavior and mood
- Pet has clean teeth and fresh breath.
Overfeeding is the most common mistake pet owners make when it comes to pets' health. Pet owners are also likely to consider the pet's food preference over what's really good for them when it comes to picking a pet food.
~ Maria Sadowski ~