- Make sure that your pet is microchipped and that your information is updated. This will aid in returning a lost or stolen pet to you.
- Never leave your pet unattended in a yard, car, or public area.
- Keep an accurate identification file for your pet. This should include a detailed description and several photos.
If your pet is lost or stolen
- Visit your local animal shelters at once, and keep checking back with them every day. It is also a good idea to visit veterinarians in the area, contact animal services, and the police.
- Search everywhere. Pets can hide in strange places.
- Use the power of social media. Post pictures on your Facebook page and ask people to share.
- Distribute flyers, talk to neighbors, and chat with delivery men, postal workers, and others that move around your area on a daily basis.
~ Maria Sadowski ~