|Image from ocsprinklerrepair.com|
Sago palms are common in gardens, and even indoors as potted plants. (They're not technically a palm, but look enough like one.)
Every part of this plant is poisonous, both to animals and humans. The seeds are considered the most toxic, but even the roots contain the poison cycasin.
To make things better, dogs allegedly love the taste and smell of them.
|Sago Palm Seeds|
If you believe that your pet has eaten parts of a sago palm, contact your vet immediately. As little as one seed can be deadly.
To read more about the Sago Palm, check out these pages:
- Pet Poison Helpline
- How to remove Sago Palms
- Emergency Vets
- Sago palms are hazardous to your pets
- NWF Daily News
|The Sago Palm grows slowly, a feature that|
makes it popular with landscape architects